Service of Caring
We are dedicated to providing personalized attention to our community members. We offer a variety of healthcare services and stimulating daily living activities. Click/tap below to learn more about each service.
Westview’s focus on individual needs is our strength. Each resident is individually assessed and a care plan is created that includes:
- Activities of Daily Living Needs: Dressing, Bathing, Grooming, Eating, Transferring, and Mobility/Ambulation
- Restorative Nursing Needs/Therapy
- Recreational/Activities Needs
- Dietary Needs: Special Diets, Modified Textures, and Adaptive Equipment
Westview Acres Care Center provides a variety of skilled nursing services including:
- Enteral and Parenteral Feedings
- Tracheotomy Care
- IV Therapy
- Wound Therapy
- Nursing Care Management
- Post Surgical Care
- Rehabilitative Therapy: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy
Restorative nursing focuses on helping the resident to attain and maintain the greatest functional level through programs such as:
- Restorative Dining
- Active/Passive Range of Motion
- Bowel and Bladder Training
- Exercise to increase strength and endurance
Westview Acres works closely with local physicians and other health professionals. We have contracted for certain services, and others have been given privileges at our nursing home to serve their customers residing at Westview. These include:
- Pharmacy Consultant
- Speech Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physician Therapist
- Lab and X-ray Services
- Audiology Professional
- Mental Health Practitioner
It’s more than Bingo! While Bingo remains one of our residents’ favorite activities, we realize keeping our residents occupied and happy require more than just Bingo. Our activity coordinator carefully considers past interests, hobbies, lifestyles, etc., in planning activities for our residents.
Our activities are planned for various times of the day and throughout the weekends and evenings. Some of our activities have included:
- Ice cream socials
- Movie and popcorn nights
- Beauty Shop day
- Nails day
- Trolley services to town for shopping
- Family pot luck and soup suppers
- Church services
- Bible studies
- Exercise classes in the morning
Westview Acres provides full-time social services to help our residents with understanding Medicare and Medicaid and to assist with such applications. This person also
- Addresses the psycho-social health of our residents
- Assists in making physician appointments, arranging travel, when necessary
- Providing counsel to families and residents when life becomes difficult
Westview’s meals are planned to meet the daily nutritional needs and special therapeutic diet needs of each resident. Variety and resident likes are taken in to consideration when planning the menu.
Our consulting dietitian assesses each individual resident, making necessary dietary recommendations to our staff and the physicians. The Dietitian, the dietary manager, the Director of Nursing, the Restorative Nurse, and the Administrator meet every week to discuss any special concerns regarding resident weight loss and skin issues. This proactive approach focuses on prevention, decreasing the need for major interventions.
We are exceedingly proud of our housekeeping services. We feel very confident that when you visit our facility, you will find it free of odors, extremely clean, and in good repair. This is thanks to a top-notch housekeeping team. They focus on safety, sanitary conditions, and infection control in order to provide a comfortable home for our residents.
Laundry is provided on site. Generally, our turn-around time with regard to personal laundry service is less than 2 days. This service is included in our daily fees.